Web Project of YoutubeFisher

Aug 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hi,

First i would like to thanx for developing such great App.

Can u help me in Developing its Web based App. , I want a Website in which user enter youtube link and click on download button to download Video.

Plese help me, i am little bit confused.

Thanx in Advance :)

Developer
Sep 8, 2011 at 5:40 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Hi Amir98,

I'm afraid that you're all by yourself :) This application is something we keep and evolve as much as we have time to do so and it's hard to find time to answer every request for help with the code considering the time we have for the application.

Having said that, we are absolutely dedicated to support the users of the application if they are facing issues with the official build, we always find time to fix any issues that prevent our users from using the application.

Anyway, The code is straightforward and I suppose it's also frindly for beginners. We didn't (yet) use fancy design patterns and other stuff that make the code confusing for beginners. In short, it reads YouTube video page, parses it to get the video links, prompts the user to select a format and finally downloads the selected format.

Kindly note that that the source code is distributed under GPL open source license, which means if you used YouTubeFisher code in your code (modify it) you are obligated to release your code/modifications under the same license.

Also, the copyright of the code is owned by the contributers, so you need to attribute that to them.

I know, lots of boring legal stuff, but something everyone needs to know :)

Good luck :)

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM

In short, if you are a programmer and you know the ASPX language, it should not be too difficult to create a web app that reuses part of our code...
...otherwise you can use the web site spoon.net, asking to included youtubefisher in their database (is free). It was already planning, but i have not had time to complete a review for them....

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:24 AM
TheBlueSky wrote:

Hi Amir98,

I'm afraid that you're all by yourself :) This application is something we keep and evolve as much as we have time to do so and it's hard to find time to answer every request for help with the code considering the time we have for the application.

Having said that, we are absolutely dedicated to support the users of the application if they are facing issues with the official build, we always find time to fix any issues that prevent our users from using the application.

Anyway, The code is straightforward and I suppose it's also frindly for beginners. We didn't (yet) use fancy design patterns and other stuff that make the code confusing for beginners. In short, it reads YouTube video page, parses it to get the video links, prompts the user to select a format and finally downloads the selected format.

Kindly note that that the source code is distributed under GPL open source license, which means if you used YouTubeFisher code in your code (modify it) you are obligated to release your code/modifications under the same license.

Also, the copyright of the code is owned by the contributers, so you need to attribute that to them.

I know, lots of boring legal stuff, but something everyone needs to know :)

Good luck :)

thanx for ur reply, in meantime i converted it as web application , it works fine on my localhost , but give error when i uploaded on my site.

I think there may be problem of ip , but not sure. if you have time then plzz help me :)

Erro as follows

Access to the webpage was denied

You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://o-o.preferred.ord12s02.v4.lscache6.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Csource%2Cratebypass%2Ccp&fexp=919200&itag=18&ip=69.0.0.0&signature=BE40FC87910D4E156A8A21E8557B967FF5A86D88.3ECE516ED3286042C7B8A5D69DF1BCFD44329F31&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&source=youtube&expire=1323519219&key=yt1&ipbits=8&cp=U0hRSFVMV19GU0NOMV9NRkFDOlhDTUY0SFFSZDkx&id=b999123b4521012d&quality=medium&fallback_host=tc.v4.cache6.c.youtube.com&type=video/mp4&title=B&redirect_counter=1. You may need to sign in.
HTTP Error 403 (Forbidden): The server refused to fulfill the request.