Image Error http://i.imgur.com/r7egm.png

Translated error
Value can not be null.
Parameter name: input

How to Reproduce this error?

try to download any video from youtube

Developer
Aug 4, 2011 at 4:54 AM

YouTube has change some parameters in their pages and this breaks YouTubeFisher.

I'll fix that and release new version soon (later today).

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Developer
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM

v3.1 Build 0804 fixed the issue... until YouTube changes the web site again :)

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hi... this work fine.. but only some time it shows error.. when input URL.. cant download the file. but then i have to restart the application then its work again :S..

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:44 PM

here is the screenshot :S..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM

What's that screenshot??? That's not the original youtubeFisher (at least the title was changed...)

However, I'm doing several tests and i think that YoutubeFisher working properly...
Sometimes there may be temporary errors due to connection problems or communication with youtube... try again or, if the problem persists, try a different output format..

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM
fremyd wrote:

What's that screenshot??? That's not the original youtubeFisher (at least the title was changed...)

However, I'm doing several tests and i think that YoutubeFisher working properly...
Sometimes there may be temporary errors due to connection problems or communication with youtube... try again or, if the problem persists, try a different output format..

yeah i complied it with d/f name :).. (experimenting)

and one more issue.. which is like some time its download 50% percent of the video/audio .. next time it download the same 50% and show it as 100%.

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Actually is not possible to pause a download and resume it later (this is a youtube limit, not of our program...)

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

hey!!!... i am not talking about pause the download.!!!! i mean.. you download the file and its been downloaded incomplete like 50%.  but it still play the 50% downloaded file..

but next time i again download the file,  its download the file incomplete as previous 50% and show it as 100% downloaded!!.. got the point ?

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I still don't understand: youtubefisher (original!) show the above error and the file has been downloaded too (even partially) ??? If you know how, show me how reproduce this error... 

I investigate in the next days although it seems very strange.... 

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

hey let me clear my self. their are 2 issue i found in Youtubefisher.

1st issue:
some times when i paste my youtube url. it ask me to save the file. when i save it. it show error occur during download. download fail..  and second time or after few tries it download the file successfully.

2nd issue
some time it download incomplete videos/audio.

note:
forgot the name of youtube catcher , i actually rebuild it with name change in the source code simple. nothing else.

Developer
Sep 8, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Hi spletshadow,

The first issue is most probably a connection problem, but that needs to be confirmed.

The second issue is kind of strange as YouTubeFisher does not save the provious status of the download, and each new download is treated as new one even if you paste the same URL again and again.

We are open to investigate any issue reported by our user, and to be able to help you with the issues reportd, please provide a step-by-step directions of how to reproduce the issues. From our side, we were not able to reproduce the issues. Also, try to use the original executable from here and see if it has the same issues and we prefer if you can test it on different PC's and see the results.

Thanks for reporting.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM

The error from above but:

Value can not be null.
Parameter name: startIndex

is shown by trying to download this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEA3Tno3bs

in Version 3.2.120928

Merry Christmas

Developer
Dec 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM

@dtrb, please use the Issue Tracker to report issues instead of replying to an old discussion... it makes it easier for us to track and update the issues.