add a tool options

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM

hello,

first thanks very much for this application which is awesome

I would love to see in a future version a tool option where one can check if he prefers ACC or MP3 file

for example I always extract songs in mp3 format and I have to change from AAC to mp3

a checkbox would be great

keep up the good work :O)

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I took a look at the code and despite there's

dialog.DefaultExt = "mp3";

I have AAC showing first.

why?

Developer
Sep 20, 2011 at 4:48 AM

Hello,

It's, by design, selecting the first audio format available. YouTube currently orders the formats from the best to the worst, that's why the first option, most of the times, is AAC.

The dialog.DefaultExt = "mp3"; part is only applicable on the Save dialog when the file extension is not defined... which is something that is not going to happen in our case :)

It's in our road map to create a version of YouTubeFisher that saves your preferences; however, no idea just yet about when we're going to implement it.

For now, you can keep your eyes on this site, tell your friends about YouTubeFisher and put pressure on us to add new features :)

Looking forward for more engaged community.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM

hello,

ok thanks for the answer.

are you looking for developers to help you ?

I'm looking at the code to try to change it to my needs. If I create a preferences saving option, I might as well give it to you?

Where can I take a look at the road map ?

Developer
Sep 21, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Hello,

We didn't finalize what to do and when, so I'm afraid that we don't have a definite road map; however, we'll try to finalize one and put it publicly here.

We appreciate and help from the community, and if the contribution benefits good number of our users base we're more than happy to include it.

Thanks for your interest.

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM

ok great